Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoke pole hunting for Elk
[unsure][size 3]I have been Elk hunting for a week now with my muzzle loader. This being my second muzzle loader elk hunt. I have hunted deer the last couple of year and have taken a couple of bucks but I am still pretty green at the sport. I have discovered a few things during this week that I always relized but ignored. First thing is muzzle loaders don't have the range of my 300 win which is hard to get out of your head after hunting with the 300 all my life. So I relized I need a range finder but I'm not really sure what to buy I've been looking at the Lieka and it looks alright but it's a little to much money. Does anybody own any range finders and what do you like or dislike about it. I also found out that a 250 grain bullet dose not have much energy at 200 yards what bullet do you guys recomend for shooting Elk and what's your reason. I shoot a Thompson 250 grain ptx which has been excellent on deer but after tracking the elk I shot for over two miles and never catching up to him I don't think that its all that great for Elk. [/size]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Smoke pole hunting for Elk - by SKEETER2 - 11-09-2002, 02:10 AM
Re: [SKEETER2] Smoke pole hunting for Elk - by Ghost - 11-20-2002, 12:37 AM