Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 12-15-05
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]My neighbor (Mark) wanted to hit the Bear, and try to land his yet to be first fish. So we hit the marina by 6:00am and was off to the rock pile. After [#800000]sloooowly [/#800000][#0000ff]busten our way through the ice in the marina, "Guy's its starting to get thick".[/#0000ff][/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] Going to the rock pile, the fog was set in, so once again, for me it was gps time, plus things still dark & fogy out.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] After marking fish, we anchored up, I was per-rigged, so I droped in the tube, while Mark tied one up. By then I had my first Mack on!! The water was chopy, tuff at best to control any presention, Then it started to snow, wakes got higher, but fish on, we did. By 8:00 Mark was hooked up, He landed his very first fish ever, here at Bear Lake, It was a nice one too.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[inline Marks-1st-B.L.-fish.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Then both of us missed hook ups, my drag was to loose, Mark was busy watching me, & missed his own hook up. "Lessons Learned". Soon we both had caught whites. Mark was having a super day and it was fun to be a small part of his long lived awsome day. He was all Smiles. [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[inline Marks-Big-Day.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Mark called me lator tonight, All fish are in the pan & cooking for a fresh fish dinner. Good on ya!! Glad we had such a hoot today. [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] [#800000]Water temp has droped to 36, ice was floating about the lake on the east side. Nothing solid yet, but its in the making.[/#800000][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] By the way, I let my Mack head back down to the deep, released unharmed. I can still feel: Hook set, Poll bend!! Ya got 'ta love it![/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake Report 12-15-05 - by Bait_Caster - 12-16-2005, 05:28 AM