Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet & soggy at Rockperch
[font "Arial"][black]After getting of work the Deathman & I met some others and headed to Rockport for some perch action. The Deathman was a little late arriving at the rendezvous point so we didn’t make it to the hardwater until about 7:45 or 8:00. We stopped at the last bathroom and walked north until we were about 75 yards strait east from the rocks. Our group ended up icing about 20 perch and 1 small bow on the day. We fished in 40 feet of water then moved deeper when the bite seemed to slow down. When the bite got really cold we moved closer to shore in search of trout with no success. The ice is still thick about 7-8 inches thick. Between the shore and ice there is a layer of shush but it is only 3 inches deep so you can walk right through it. It snowed and blowed the entire time we were up there but the snow on the ice makes it so you don't have to use ice cleats. Next year if Sportsmans carries that new style of pop open ice tent I will not wait to buy one. We left at noon wet and cold from all the snow. [/black][/font]

[font "Arial"][black]A couple of questions for you fellow BFTers. The bite seemed to be best early, has anyone been there before sun up and had any success with the perch? Also, if there was a die off, as has been suggested, couldn’t that turn out to be in our favor if the perch get to be as large as in Deercreek? The reason I ask is most of the perch seemed to be a little larger than last year. Has anyone been at Rockport later in the day? And does the bite warm back up in the afternoon and evening? Thanks in advance for any help.
[/black][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][Smile][/black][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Wet & soggy at Rockperch - by patman - 01-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Re: [bassrods] Wet & soggy at Rockperch - by CBR - 01-04-2006, 01:50 AM