Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mudlake-Report
They might as well change the name of Mudlake to perch heaven this year. We arrived a little later then usual on Saturday. BSflies already had a stack of very large perch on the ice. (I will let him fill in the details) So I pulled my 134lb ice house + propane bottle, gas auger, cooler, 10 ice poles, 3 fishing boxes, two ice scoops, and an Aqua-View about 50 Yards West of him and started drilling. It was a fun day because my wife, sister, three sons, brother and sister in law, three nephews and a niece came out of on the ice to join me. Most of the group had not ice fished before so they were over-joyed by the quick response that the fish gave to the jigs and bait.

I mostly baited hooks and took fish off between 11:00-2:30. The kids landed over 80 perch with twenty five of them coming in over 7". Then everybody packed up and went home except for my son and I. We went back out for an hour just as BSflies was coming in. His holes had been producing larger fish so we took over where he left off. Almost immediately my son hook a 12" perch and and as soon as he put back down he caught another one. I caught several in the 8-9" range. We fished for exactly one hour. We caught 42 perch using one pole each and of those 10 were keepers. Anyway it was a great day. We finished off the event by having everyone over last night for a perch dinner.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

Windriver
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mudlake-Report - by windriver - 01-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Re: [windriver] Mudlake-Report - by bsflies - 01-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Re: [windriver] Mudlake-Report - by OvidCreek - 01-09-2006, 06:07 PM