Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 1/13/06
Hit East canyon today with some friends. We fished over by bouys in about 26' of water. The fish were pretty active in the early hours then slowed around noon. Caught all the fish on white, green, and chartruse crickets, booger, and rat finkies. We probably caught near 50 between 4 of us.
Here is a picture of my best fish of the day. It went 16" and was really fat. It is a dark male rainbow (kinda blends in with the camo). The funny part about this fish is that I left my pole and went to talk with slimerslayer and his buddies. While I was gone my brother and friends decided they were going to try and "get me". They reeled in my line, took of my bait and replaced it with some pears (Del monte I believe), then put my line back to were I had it. When I returned I looked things over (expecting a prank) didn't see anything suspicious so I went about my ways. After a few minutes I saw some fish on the finder, dropped down to them and nailed one. They all could'nt believe that I had caught a fish using a pear as bait. Best of all was it was the biggest of the day.
Going to take my son up for a while in the morning. Hopefully it's as good as today.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
East Canyon 1/13/06 - by Elkoholic - 01-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Re: [Elkoholic] East Canyon 1/13/06 - by AFDan52 - 01-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Re: [Elkoholic] East Canyon 1/13/06 - by halojm - 01-16-2006, 03:52 PM