Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing is the mother of all invention
[cool]Hey, PH, thanks for the contribution. Although I think you have your quote wrong. My version is "Necessity is a mother." It's right up there with "An old dog doesn't need new tricks."

Pretty clever adaptation. Once we got away from standard inner tubes and into all the fancy air valves on these new air chambers it complicated our lives, as flotation fishermen...and as campers. That looks like a real breath saver...no, not the mints, either.

I'll toss out another suggestion too, for anyone that has those long plastic tube valves with the twist top closure...like I had on my recently retired Kennebec. That is to go to your Home Depot (or equivalent) and buy a two foot long section of clear plastic tubing that will fit snugly over the outside of the valve. Keep it stored in a pocket, and when cold water shrinkage (or a slow leak) finds you with a softening air chamber out on the water, you can use the tube to puff up your craft without having to make an unscheduled trip to the shore.

Thanks again for the input.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [plecopterahopper] Fishing is the mother of all invention - by TubeDude - 03-06-2003, 10:53 AM