Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-Fisherman article on electrical fields
Has anyone out there read the article in In-Fisherman about electricity bleeding out of your boat. It was on the last page. I think it was this months issue.
Supposedly, this salmon guide in Oregon has been studying electrical fields around boats for years and has come to the conclusion that improperly grounded boats scare fish.
That got me wondering if my boat is scaring fish in shallow water.I've had trouble catching eyes at Utah Lake for the last six months or so, ever since I put two more batteries in the bow. All my batteries have remote cables going out to posts, mounted through the fiberglass for easy charging and quick hook up for spotlights, pumps, whatever.
When I read that article, it got me wondering, so, yesterday I took all my cables off and put neoprene washers behind the terminals. Hey, I'll try anything once, if there's even a slight chance its hurting my catch rates.
Anyone have an opinion whether this is voodoo fishcraft or something that is worth checking into?

walleyebob
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
In-Fisherman article on electrical fields - by walleyebob - 03-06-2003, 12:25 PM