Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge Report 04/26-04/28
Went to FG with three kids and my father-in-law. We had a great time trolling around catching macks. Water temps are still cool - about 45 in most spots. We caught a few wherever we fished, Swim, Antelope, Anvil, Gold Point, and even a nice 15 lber out of Lynnwood. Over the three mornings we ended up boating about 15 mack ranging from over 24 lbs to 10 lbs. All were caught on bottom trolling pop-gear. Fishing is not super hot but not bad either. Starting to see some fish show up on the normal humps, should be getting real good here in a couple weeks. Also talked to Tarpon Jim who thinks it's cold in Utah, Sockeyeslayer and a couple other BFT lurkers. Weather was great, a little W on Thursday PM but none otherwise. We caught a ton of rainbows in the afternoons in the bays either trolling lures or casting spoons. Tried for Kokes at Pipe and caught a bunch of bows, trolled behind Sockeyeslayer uplake and had two Kokes release themselves but nothing to the boat. Oh well, I'll try again in a couple weeks. Overall a relaxing three days catching at the Gorge. Also put my new Humminbird 997SI to the test, I'll post on that next week when I get a chance to download some screen shots of the humps - a pretty cool piece of fishing geekness.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Gorge Report 04/26-04/28 - by piscispursuit - 04-29-2007, 04:08 AM