Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worm & Bobber & 2 LB Line On Ultralights
For bluegill fishing w/ my daughter. We were catching some nice bluegills on worm & bobber rigs on ultralights just before it got dark on a friends backyard part of the river.

After my daughter lands another nice bluegill, I thought I would throw my line pretty much to the same place she'd been casting. I saw the bobber move, I waited & set the hook. Big pull on the other end, I loosen the drag just a bit more, not sure what's on the other end. This fish just kept pulling line & when I cranked some line in, the fish took off again.

Finally got it close enough to pull it out of the water while my daughter is keeping tension on the line, & this is what was on the other end:

[Image: 4558carp3.jpg]

My first ever carp & to top it all off on 2 lb mono, I'm guessing around 3 lbs. Now I understand why carp are fun to catch. That was totallly fun, my daughter was a bit perturbed at me that I casted in her area...but she was dealing w/ a bluegill she caught.....that was my explanation....

Just when it was getting dark, I switched out to a Mepps Black Fury w/ yellow dots. I proceeded to catch a few small LM bass & SM bass. Not big but fun to fight on ultralight & 2 lb line. Finally called it a night when my daughter was getting chilled. Good thing cuz it started to rain when we got home.

I sure love fishing w/ my kids!!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Worm & Bobber & 2 LB Line On Ultralights - by Ghostrider - 05-17-2007, 03:52 AM