Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon/Utility Boat Owners - MUST READ
Hey guys, just thought I'd share something I posted up on the DWR forums as well. Was looking up boat reg info for a guy today and came across some "inconsistencies" so I dug deeper and got some clarifications regarding your boats... here I figure it will affect mostly guys with little aluminum fishing boats... anyway, here it is:

Hey guys, just wanted to let all of you know that are driving around jon boats, aluminum duck boats, aluminum fishing boats etc this year.... there has been a clarification in what you pay for fees. I just talked to our system administrators about the class codes for boats because I was Confused about what constituted a small watercraft. Because of the chart I was given earlier this year, I was under the impression that motor size on your boats had something to do with what class your boat fell into. THAT DOES NOT MATTER!! If you are using a jon/utility (read this as duck boats, aluminum fishing boats, rowboats) boat regardless of age or length of the boat, you are in a class that only gets charged TEN DOLLARS for your property tax. Your total renewal should only be like 21 dollars. I was digging on some info for Longgun and kinda started questioning the answers I was given so I went to the gal that created the new charts. Just thought you should all know, since I was unsure of the classification and decided to dig a little deeper into the codes. I'm sorry if I've mislead anyone in the past little while on fees, but apparently this is a very recent restructuring of what qualifies for the ten dollar only boat group. If anyone has questions, feel free to PM and I can get more specific or send you a copy of our vessel assessment fees chart.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Jon/Utility Boat Owners - MUST READ - by RiverRat77 - 07-06-2007, 07:25 PM