Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having a blast!
Got up at 3:30 this morning and made the 2 and a half hour trip from my house to Big Bear Lake California. This is the 3rd weekend in a row that I have been able to get my SFC out on the water. The first trip was to Big Bear and I didn't get a bite, but as this was my maiden voyage I was not expecting much. Last week I went to Gregory Lake in Crestline California and was able to land a 10 inch rainbow and an 8 incher.

Today at Big Bear was awesome! I netted 4 rainbows, the smallest was 12 inches and the largest was a nice 16 incher. I was the only one catching anything and was using nightcrawlers under a slip bobber set to about 20-25 feet and was fishing all around the buoy line by the dam. I must have farmed at least 3 to 4 other fish.

Funny thing was I heard numerous comments from people fishing from boats about my tube. I saw a couple of other tubers on the water in the morning, but I guess tubers still get many comments and stares from curious folks who have never seen someone fishing from a tube. I am surprised by how many people still have not seen fishing from a tube, they made me feel like a novelty.

Again I want to thank all for there comments and advice, it is really paying off.

BTW - Used my Mares Plana X-3 fins and am now Confused and not sure if I like the X-3's or the Superchannels better. Did notice the X-3 are lighter, but the Superchannels seem to have a better/more efficient structure overall. Does anyone else use the Mares Superchannel fins

JD
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Having a blast! - by JDFreud - 07-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Re: [JDFreud] Having a blast! - by TubeDude - 07-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Re: [JDFreud] Having a blast! - by road - 07-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Re: [JDFreud] Having a blast! - by smallmouth89 - 07-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Re: [smallmouth89] Having a blast! - by TubeDude - 07-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Having a blast! - by flygoddess - 07-24-2007, 12:29 AM
Re: [flygoddess] Having a blast! - by macfly55 - 07-24-2007, 05:35 AM