Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge - Sept 8-9, 2007
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Got a last minute invite from my friend, Aaron, to fish with him on the Gorge this last weekend. He called me on Friday about 1:00 pm and said "Let's go fish the Gorge!" so I said "Heck yes" and dropped everything. We drove up that evening and got to Manila around midnight.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We were up early on Saturday and headed over to Linwood and the stacks of fish over there this time of year. We played games with them for over 5 hours and couldn't get those tight lipped suckers to take a jig. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We moved into the canyon and fished there and did not see many fish so we reversed our course and headed over to Antelope then to the Swim Beach area and fished there for the remainder of the day. We got off the water about 8:30 pm.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Sunday we headed into the canyon to try and avoid the wind that had decided to blow first thing in the morning. We found some happy fish and had fun for most of the morning. After we "cooked" most of that area, we decided to head to Swim Beach again where we had found active fish the day before.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The fish weren't in the same areas but were close by on different real estate. While in Swim, the rain and lightening decide to show up and put a little excitement in our lives. Man, that thunder can crack![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We didn't catch hordes of fish but we caught enough to have a good time. No big fish with most fish being in the teens. We had several fish hooked that came unbuttoned after a few reel cranks. Oh well, that's fishing![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I did get a little video but not like I wanted. If one of us hooked up, no one wanted to put down their rod to take video when there might be a chance to double up.[/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Flaming Gorge - Sept 8-9, 2007 - by BearLakeMack - 09-10-2007, 05:15 PM