Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macks on two ponds-with Pics.
On my way to work Monday, I got lost and ended up at some big lake up by Garden City, UT. I picked up a hitch-hiker there who called himself Bear Lake Mack, and he said I could just fish there, and he'd show me where to go. After launching and leaving the marina, he said "Go that way." Then, he said, "stop right about here." When I did, the sonar lit up like a Christmas tree with fish arches, and the rest just seemed like home. We fished and got refused, ignored, and sometimes bit, We missed hits, lost fish, hung-up lures, and even caught some. Just like home, only it wasn't. No wind, few other boats, and no snaggers in sight.

When I finally got home that night, I had a message that a couple guys wanted to go fishing on the windy lake near where I live, and they wanted to fish for "the big ones." Yeah right. I told them to meet me at the dock this morning, which they did, and we went out to the secret spawning bay to go after "the big ones." The stars lined up, the barometer was just right, the lunar force was positive, and they landed 26 and 38 pounders this morning.

All is well in mackinawville.

[inline "Resize of Resize of Bear Lake 011.JPG"]

[inline "Resize of Resize of Bear Lake 013.JPG"]

[inline "Resize of Re-exposure of IMGP3459.JPG"]

[inline "Resize of Re-exposure of IMGP3471.JPG"]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Macks on two ponds-with Pics. - by Tarponjim - 10-17-2007, 04:13 AM