Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordered Fly Tying Tool Kit!
Its nothing spectacular just something to get me started. I am in college and a commuter so I have to pay for my gas so it was hard to even save up for the one I could afford. I got it from Cabela's the standard Tool Kit. [cool] I know probably not the best one in the world but it had good reviews from most people that bought one. I am so excited to get it in the mail in 3-6 days. There is the link below. I hope it works decently. I am hoping to get a better fly rod from my parents for Christmas. I just got a rod not long before the fish stopped hitting so I have only played with bluegill. I bought a $20 Shakespeare from Wal-Mart to try it out. I had fun playing with the blue gill. I am going to get a trout stamp next year and go trout fishing. If I like tying flies and and I like trout fishing I am going to invest in a much better pole the following year. I have to find a pattern to start with that will work for a beginner and that I can find the materials easily for any suggestions? Nothing fancy just something that fits the bill and something that will catch fish. Think Western PA. For the most part in my expierence with buying fishing gear I have had the best luck buying cheap stuff. It always works out for me better. I got a really nice pole for $40 my first rod with cork handle, not the fly rod, It snapped while fighting a catfish that got away too. I got a $20 Daiwa and well It is the most flexible pole I have ever had. I love it. I have landed channel catfish with it. Big ones. the biggest being 27" with the Daiwa. I used an ugly stick that my brother loaned me for my biggest one 30". I got them all from shore. I love catfish. Anyways any suggestions on first patterns? Thanks. Help me fill my box for trout season.

[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20431-cat20534&id=0001059310733a&navCount=17&podId=0001059&parentId=cat20534&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20534&hasJS=true"]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20431-cat20534&id=0001059310733a&navCount=17&podId=0001059&parentId=cat20534&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20534&hasJS=true[/url]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ordered Fly Tying Tool Kit! - by Santaaa - 11-11-2007, 07:31 AM