Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Mix Bag 5-3-08
Headed up to Willard Bay Saturady morning and had my first hook in the water by 6:45am. Not sure of the water temp, but the bay was calm most of the time. Had a few breezes here and there, but nothing that was constant.
I was the only one in the area fishing from the bank. I saw one tuber, and several boats drift by.

It looked as though most were chasing the Wiper. I was not, but at about 8:30 "WHAM!!!!" I had a floater out, trying to figure out the depth I was in, and boy let me tell ya, this fish was hungry. I never expected a wiper to hit as hard as this one did. He fought pretty good to. This was my first ever Wiper, and I am hooked. Now I just need to get some lures for' em. Tagged another a little later. The biggest was about 3 or 4 lbs. (forgot to weigh it)

As far as for the kitties, I had a lot of bites, landed about 7, and I think I kept 4-5 of the finsters. The biggest was about 4 lbs, but all were pretty healthy.

Take note, the midges did make their presence known, but didn't bother me. Check out the pic that I took of them.

Get your bug juice ready!!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard Mix Bag 5-3-08 - by Catfishgitter - 05-05-2008, 01:57 PM