Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ice Off" at the Berry?? ... 5-16-08
3 of us also fished it today. I don't even know the name of where we fished. It's off the road in the bay in between Strawberry Marina and Hawe's Point. Fished out of our pontoons starting at about 630-ish. I didn't expect the fishing to pick up until about 10-11, but it was opposite. It was hot early for all of us. I brought 2 to net, had 3 others on that either broke me off or got off during the fight, and several other hits all within the first hour. Very similar for my buddies. It was slow going after that, although we occasionally picked off the occasional fish here and there.

We each finished with 5 to net, and we fished until about 4.

For what it's worth, I have a friend who went yesterday and fished minnow or leach patterns toward the bank from his pontoon yesterday and supposedly slayed them. I just think it is about being in the right place at the right time. Today, unfortunately, we weren't. Last year, I caught 22 fish with not one being under 19 inches my first day at the Berry.

Ice off is the "hip" time to fish the Berry....but realize, fish will be caught consistently out of the lake all year. It is a great fishery. And 410,000 8" rainbows will likely increase the catch rates for a time at least whenever they are planted.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fshslyer36] "Ice Off" at the Berry?? ... 5-16-08 - by TS30 - 05-18-2008, 01:25 AM