Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great afternoon and evening at Willard 6-19
Wife and I were out on Willard at about 3:30. Trolled South from North Marina towards feed lot. I caught the 17 inch eye within 15 minutes. Did not even get mine back out and wife had the 22 inch eye on. Thought she had snagged up. A few hits after that for the next 45 minutes but nothing to hook up on. Shot over to mid way down the North Dike and started the troll again. More hits no hooks ups. Turned South on the West dike and the wife finally hooked up one of the hits we were getting with an 18 inch Wiper. We buzzed back over to just North of the South Marina and trolled up into Freeway bay. Got a few more hits but no hookups. Anchored up in the shallows by the freeway and switched to shrimp and a worm and immediately hooked on to a nice cat which got off right at the boat. We each hooked two more which immediately shook it off. I think I need to change hooks as these circle shaped ones are not digging in to them. Oh well, someones got to feed the kitties.

Once again, the wife bruised my ego and out fished me.
Packed up and headed home just before dark. We put the wiper back and kept the Walleyes as these are the first we ever have caught. We filleted them out and are going to have walleye for our 33rd anniversary tomorrow.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Great afternoon and evening at Willard 6-19 - by fishin_nut - 06-20-2008, 06:33 AM