Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED CREEK RESERVOIR - PARAGONAH - Sunday May 18th (report)
[cool]It does take some adjustment in both your timing (on the cast), and the balance of the size of the casting weight for the fishing you will be doing. If you need to cast long distances, then use a larger bubble and fill it full of water. If you don't need to cast as far, or if you are fishing the surface, use a smaller bubble and/or do not completely fill the bubble.

A trick I picked up somewhere in the past...for getting the bubble deeper, faster...is to add a few lead shot (shotgun shell) to the bubble before filling it the rest of the way with water. It's surprising how much faster the bubble sinks...and a bit of rattle sometimes helps as an attractor. I use this method sometimes when chucking a piece of worm on a long leader. Keep a tight line on the sink, because fish will often "pop on the drop".

There are smaller sized bubbles than the standard used by most bubblers. There are also several different styles. Here's a pic from Cabelas for their adjustable bubble. It works well as a strike indicator float, as well as a casting weight. However, for fishing subsurface, I still prefer the standard bubble, with my line running freely through the hole...stopped by a small split ring or swivel. It makes it easier to detect strikes.

[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0019710111927a&navAction=jump&navCount=2&indexId=cat20289&podId=0019710&catalogCode=ID&parentId=cat20289&parentType=index&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.2_A&_DAV=http%3A%2F%2Fa1460.g.akamai.net%2Ff%2F1460%2F1339%2F6h%2Fwww.cabelas.com%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcontent%2FPod%2F01%2F97%2F10%2Fp019710ii01.jpg"][Image: p019710ii01.jpg][/url]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [southernman] RED CREEK RESERVOIR - PARAGONAH - Sunday May 18th (report) - by TubeDude - 05-20-2003, 11:11 AM