Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED CREEK RESERVOIR - PARAGONAH - Sunday May 18th (report)
[cool]Down here in Arizona, we do Margaritas. Sure is tough getting that salt rim to stick to the bubble though.

By the way, if you know someone who reloads shotgun shells, just get a few ounces of size 6 lead shot for weighting those bubbles. You can reuse it and it will last forever.

By the way #2, if you are interested, I have some writeups on fishing flies with spinning gear...besides using a bubble. These include using a 4 foot length of fly line, looped at each end...for both streams and lakes...floating and sinking. It's tricky to learn how to cast, but with that bubble-chucker rod it's a lot easier.

Some other ways to fish flies with spinning gear are to use them on dropper leaders...about 18" - 24" above a small Rapala, Kastmaster, spinner or jig. You can also tie a two foot length of leader on one of the treble hooks of a Jakes or other spoon, and tie a fly behind the "flasher". Sometimes the fish hit the fly...other times the main lure.

I am going to be redoing my self-drawn diagrams on the knots and rigs for some of these things. If you like, I'll scan a jpeg and post it.

TubeDude
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [southernman] RED CREEK RESERVOIR - PARAGONAH - Sunday May 18th (report) - by TubeDude - 05-20-2003, 02:32 PM