Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard's getting hot ...
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]At Willard, the weather is warming up, the bugs are getting thick, and the wipers are non-stop.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hit the bay with my oldest daughter and her husband this morning. We found the honey pot out by the light pole. Lisa caught 5, Zack caught 4, and I caught 2. May not sound all that hot but those 11 wipers came in in a 2-hour period! Started catching them at about 9:00 AM and left around 11:00. Even though I tried several other lures (that's why they caught so many more than me ... I was busy trying other lures) every one of them was caught on a modified prism shad. Lisa's stick was pulling one modified with white and chartreuse flash-a-boue on the tail hook. The others had white and red. All but one wiper averaged about 3 - 3.5 lbs and all put up a real fight.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Lisa's first Wiper:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0296268.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Zack's first wiper:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage031123.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The light poll from where we were catching them:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0304392.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We wern't the only ones enjoying the bay today:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0322382.jpg][/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard's getting hot ... - by Old_Coot - 06-09-2003, 02:59 AM