Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Utah Lake Cats 6-9-03
I finally finished up with my testing today and decided to celebrate with my wife by heading out to AF harbor for some channels. Fishing was unusally slow, I think it may have had something to do with the weather. We fished for 2 hours and managed 3 mud cats, 2 channels, and one white bass. The highlight was that my wife caught a really nice channel....her biggest fish ever. It measured 29" and the bathroom scale said 10lbs, but I have a hard time believing that because it looks bigger than the 11.5 pounder that I caught last year.

I can't figure out how to post up a pic, but I have one of her holder her big one and my much smaller, yet still decent sized one. Can anyone tell me how to post one?

You know it's funny. She was reading over my shoulder earlier today when I was reading one of the wiper posts. Someone had written a comment about the sweet sound of the drag letting line out on a big fish. She asked what that sounded like and I tried to explain it to her. The fish she caught this evening fought her for about 5 min and kept taking 10 to 20 feet of line out at a time. She got to experience the sound first hand.

-Jack
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Report: Utah Lake Cats 6-9-03 - by Shrimpboy - 06-10-2003, 07:38 AM