Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halverson Lake - Take 2!
Well, since I had so much fun a week ago with the family at Halverson Lake, I decided to make another trek there. Man, I need to pick better days to go though. The wind was blowing like crazy again. I would cast far to the west in hopes of landing the line in a decent spot! I had the entire lake to myself which was no surprise considering the crummy weather. I am by no means a bass fisherman but did land about a dozen or so. I hooked in one good sized bluegill but it wiggled off at the last second or it would have been lunch!

Here are a few pics of the biggest I caught that day. It's about 13" long and was very healthy. I thought I was snagged but was surprised to have this one on the end of the line! I snapped some pics and released it for the next person. Most of the other bass were about 8-10" and a few smaller. All in all I had a great day. If I knew how to catch bass it would be even better. The trusty Rapala did the trick again. Some of the other pics are of the east end of the lake and another looking up the Snake River towards Swan falls. Nice country in its own sort of way.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Halverson Lake - Take 2! - by wilecoyote76 - 04-27-2009, 08:36 PM