Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why D.N.R. , why ?
I would just like to know why the 2 tracks are all being closed off one by one , these roads have been around since the 1920's some even earlier than that . Why ?
Truth be told , you can't control the people that come to these woods , the woods that belong to the citizens of this state and country and that undermines your self esteem issues as control freaks .
People don't need or want you to monitor their each and every move , that is why we have the declaration of independence and bill of rights in this country .

Then there is the clear cutting , why ?
There were several hundred oak , ash and maple saplings starting to grow in this area , a future food source for the animals of this area , and you destroyed it .
These small developing trees weren't harvested for wood they were brush-hogged down like weeds , why ?

I have been hunting this area since 1995 and squirrels , rabbits and grouse just started to thrive in this small patch of heaven and you destroyed it .
I harvested my first deer here , I harvested my largest buck here , I had planned on bringing my children here to hunt the same woods that I first started my love for the outdoors in and you killed it , why ?

This was all natural growth unlike the millions of depression era pine that surrounds the area planted in corn rows , did you feel that natures plan wasn't up to par with your plans on what a natural forest should be ?

I for one hope to God that you control freaks get stripped of your excess regulations and authority that is undermining our great outdoor lifestyle that us true die-hard Michigan citizens DID once enjoy in our state . I will continue to push for the "Right to Hunt ,Fish , Camp , and Boat , and to enjoy our states natural resources " .
I pray with all my heart and sole that it happens in my lifetime so I may die in peace knowing that Michigan's public lands will be used and enjoyed by everyone without the D.N.R. looking over their shoulders every second of the day or night . I will be content knowing that Michigan's great outdoors will be used under the freedoms we are granted by God and not the regulations imposed by a few misguided self serving political wanna bee's .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Why D.N.R. , why ? - by lonehunter - 12-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Re: [lonehunter] Why D.N.R. , why ? - by bassass - 12-03-2009, 04:24 AM
Re: [bassass] Why D.N.R. , why ? - by lonehunter - 12-05-2009, 12:35 AM