Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta Trout via the sled
Went up into the Uintas for one last ride on the sleds (my buddies sleds not mine) but we went for a specific purpose. We went to try to get Artic Grayling and big Tigers on the ice from Washington Lake.
It was a fantastic trip, not as much snow as there was last year but we managed to get up there and test it out. The ice was not as thin as last year, 18 to 20 inches and the trout were very willing to come and bite just about anything you put down there. We were using small white and char tubes with a meal torn in half and we did really well. We both caught roughly 30 to 35 rainbows suspended at around 10 feet, I caught 15 super nice tigers, largest was 20 inches, right down close to the bottom in about 18 to 20 feet of water. He caught about a dozen tigers the largest being 18 inches. But we both managed to catch Artic Grayling, nothing big, the largest I caught was 11 inches. The graylings were caught on small pink and yellow ice flies tipped with only half of a torn mealy, and they were mostly about 7 feet down.
It was a great day, there are pics I will have to get from my buddy as he was the only one smart enough to bring his camera.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Uinta Trout via the sled - by 5wtrod - 02-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Re: [5wtrod] Uinta Trout via the sled - by wiggy - 02-12-2010, 08:47 AM