Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wader Repairs
[cool]I feel your pain. Ya know, budgets and family needs sure do get in the way of a guy's fishing supplies. Sometimes ya really gotta evaluate your priorities. Let's see...do I get that new fishfinder...or should I make the car payment? Tough call.

But, when it comes to buying gear that we will be using for a long time (hopefully), you really do need to bite the bullet until you can afford quality. I found out a long time ago that it is better to spend a little more than you want to...than not quite enough. I could have bought a couple of pairs of Simms waders for the money I have spent on Hodgmans over the past four or five years. And, I would probably still be using the first pair.

I can't guess where you might find the Aquaseal in your area, but it is showing up in a lot of different types of stores these days. I would try not only sporting goods, but camping and hiking, pool supplies and maybe a military surplus store that has tents and camping gear.

If you can wait a few days, Cabelas has it for $6.49 a tube. That's over double what I paid for my first tube several years ago, but even with bad luck (lots of leaks), I figure I spend less than $2 a year on it...when I keep the unused tube in the freezer between uses. Here is a pic of the tube. And, no, you do not need patches. This stuff cures to a clear, flexible patch that really bonds well to almost any surface...vinyl, nylon, urethane and even butyl rubber and neoprene. Just make sure you leave the patched spot perfectly level while the stuff is curing or it will run off to the side.

[Image: i810247sq01.jpg]

Hope this helps and that you can find some.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Wader Repairs - by hedgesd - 07-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Re: [hedgesd] Wader Repairs - by TubeDude - 07-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Wader Repairs - by hedgesd - 07-24-2003, 05:41 AM
Re: [hedgesd] Wader Repairs - by TubeDude - 07-24-2003, 11:37 AM