Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assault on fishing rights
I couldnt agree more. We own the waterways and should be allowed to fish them. But, everyone is demonizing the landowners instead of trying to work with them.Like I said before, I have talked with landowners. Let me repeat that for those of you that dont want to hear it. I have talked with landowners.Since this law passed, they have had more problems with garbage and people who tell them they have a right to be on their property. There have been some problems.People dont really understand the law, and some think it gives them the right to access land however they wish.Maybe education is the key. Education for fishermen and education for landowners.This issue will continue and cost everyone a bunch of money.Money wasted over what we consider to be our right. The right to fish public waters. I believe we should be allowed to use our waters, but I also know that altercations between fishermen and landowners have and will continue to happen.We should educate the public about this issue before it comes up again. And try to be better examples for all sportsmen. Only then will the landowners see that we can be trusted.
No matter how this all comes down, there will be landowners that want to exploit our natural resources for their own profit. They will always fight to keep us out. But they are few. In general, folks just dont want people tromping across their land and leaving their gates open.They are the ones that may understand and sympathize with fishermen. The ones that can be swayed to help fight for our rights, instead of fighting hard to keep us out.Education and being an example of everything that is good about being a responsible outdoorsman is what we need. Not just a bunch of whining about "its my right and you cant stop me" attitude. That doesnt help anyone and only serves to make the landowners push back harder.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Assault on fishing rights - by KJFN - 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Re: [riverdog] Assault on fishing rights - by walleyebob - 03-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Re: [Troll] Assault on fishing rights - by TS30 - 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Re: [KJFN] Assault on fishing rights - by icerman - 03-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Re: [KJFN] Assault on fishing rights - by ocean - 03-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Re: [ocean] Assault on fishing rights - by gstott - 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Re: [gstott] Assault on fishing rights - by Troll - 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Re: [KJFN] Assault on fishing rights - by sinergy - 03-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Re: [KJFN] Assault on fishing rights - by KJFN - 03-11-2010, 05:23 AM