Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats are going nuts on the Tennessee River.
[#000000][size 2]I went fishing with my cousin by the power plant near Athens. We did not get on the water until 1:30pm and it started slow. We caught a 5 largemouth and couple of stripers and 5 bream. We changed locations around 3pm and boy did the catching pick up. For the next three hours it was nonstop action for Blues and Channel cats. All cats were 1.5 to 4.5 lbs with a few smaller flatheads cats thrown in for good measure. We stopped at 38 cats because the live well was stuffed to the top and it was getting late. We did have one good fish on for a few minutes before the 10lb line broke. I could not get it to budge off the bottom but it did swim around for a while and gave me some excitement. I’ve caught some 10 lb fish before and all I can say is this one was a larger fish than those. What a day on the river, we only kept 12 and these pictures don't do the fish justice but they sure taste good[Wink].[/size][/#000000][#000000][size 2]I was on vacation and had to leave the next day but I just heard from my cousin that he went back and caught 60. [/size][/#000000]
WH2
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Cats are going nuts on the Tennessee River. - by wiperhunter2 - 05-09-2010, 04:01 AM