Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your favorite fishing line...
[cool]As an old fan of Berkeley products, I had to give Iron Silk a try too. I liked their Trimax, before I discovered the Excalibur. I found the Iron Silk to possess most of the same properties as Trimax. It was good diameter, good casting, low memory and minimal stretch. The abrasion resistance was still not as good as my Excalibur.

Like others, I was dismayed by the degradation of the working portion of the line after only one or two trips. I tie good knots and rarely break off due to knot failure...except with the Iron Silk. I need to have a higher level of confidence in my line before I can fish it right. The remainder of my first spool is now backing for Excalibur.

I have had reports from some salt water guys who also say it is "one trip line". When you fish for big nasties, with teeth, sharp gill covers and rough scales, you need something that will hold up better. And, the problem with degradation seems to be more the exposure to water and ultraviolet light, rather than improper storage. When you rinse your tackle in fresh water and store it in a cool dry environment, you should not have those problems.

But, that's just one dude's observations.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Whats your favorite fishing line... - by tomegun - 08-05-2003, 02:13 AM
Re: [hustler898] Whats your favorite fishing line... - by PescadorUtah - 08-07-2003, 06:30 AM
Re: [hustler898] Whats your favorite fishing line... - by TubeDude - 08-07-2003, 11:23 AM