Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using fishfinders
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hi guys! Just was cruisin' thru and saw your post so thought I check it out. I do a lot of vertical jigging and I've come to a little different conclusion that you guys are mentioning. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I do no use the fish icons at all. My biggest reason is that every mark the sonar reads is a fish icon whether it's a algae bloom, thermocline, etc. You get my point. You can tell by the movement of the "lines" on the screen if it is indeed a fish and how big it is by pixel count and gray scale (air bladder).[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Also I run the chart speed wide open. I want as real time as I can get and the display to be a current as can be possible. Granted, a flasher is much faster but the graphical interface of the sonar is much more user friendly. Remember, Vertical pixel count is what matters. The left most vertical line of pixels is what's current. Everything else is history.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Anyway, the reason I dropped in was a guy on the Utah board is asking for help mounting a fishfinder on a tube. I thought I'd check here to see if he'd been here first before suggesting he swing this way. If you could help him out that would be great. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]BTW, Emuscud, nice pics of your rigging on your pontoon boat. Looks like it should work great! Later guys![/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
using fishfinders - by EmuScud - 08-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Re: [EmuScud] using fishfinders - by TubeDude - 08-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Re: [TubeDude] using fishfinders - by EmuScud - 08-13-2003, 11:31 PM
Re: [EmuScud] using fishfinders - by TubeDude - 08-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Re: [TubeDude] using fishfinders - by EmuScud - 08-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Re: [EmuScud] using fishfinders - by BearLakeMack - 08-16-2003, 01:01 AM
Re: [BearLakeMack] using fishfinders - by EmuScud - 08-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Re: [EmuScud] using fishfinders - by BearLakeMack - 08-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Re: [TubeDude] using fishfinders - by Shrimpboy - 08-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Re: [Shrimpboy] using fishfinders - by TubeDude - 08-21-2003, 03:22 PM