Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weston/Condie Report
I wanted to get out of town and hit some water that I hadn't seen in a while so Steelfisher and I went to Weston and then Condie.

We got to Condie around 8:00 in the morning. The fishing was fast and furious from the beginning. Steelfisher was using a yamamotto grub expecting to catch some bass. To his surprise, the trout went crazy over it and he caught over a dozen before his grub was torn to shreds. I caught 6 rainbows three of them on my fly rod before I switched to the spinning rod for the bass. I caught a few bass on my fly rod as well.

The bass were going crazy. I caught them on senkos, curly tail grubs, tube jigs, crankbaits, and drop shots.

I don't know how many bass we caught but it was hot from start to finish. Most of the bass were small. Steelfisher caught one that was pretty good sized. Most of mine were in the 10-11" range, but they were fat and healthy.

After having our fill of float tubing we went to Condie with the drift boat. I started getting hits on my craw colored tube bait on the first cast after anchoring. I caught two nice 16"ers right off the bat. I was thinking this was going to be awesome at Condie as well. I was wrong. It ended as quickly as it started. We fished for 2 1/2 more hours without a bite. The wind came up pretty strong and the bite went dead.

It was a great trip. Thanks for Steelfisher.

Windriver
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Weston/Condie Report - by windriver - 09-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Re: [windriver] Weston/Condie Report - by gstott - 09-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Re: [gstott] Weston/Condie Report - by windriver - 09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Re: [windriver] Weston/Condie Report - by gstott - 09-08-2010, 04:45 AM