Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Smallmouth Bass!!!
I think this news is very disheartening. The DWR works hard to provide us with a quality trout fishery at Strawberry, but a few selfish people keep insisting on ruining fisheries by planting perch and smallmouth bass in them. There's no excuse for perch and walleye in Jordanelle, perch in Mantua, for example.

I love fishing for smallmouth bass. Probably my favorite fish to catch, but this is a really dangerous precendent that's being set. People can't just do this sort of thing and think that they're doing everyone a favor. The smallmouth will probably do well on the chubs in Strawberry, but people don't realize that a decent sized smallmouth will eat trout minnows and smaller trout too. This will hurt the trout fishery in the long run, and so you have to wonder if the cumulative effect is negative, because overall there will be less trout in the lake to eat chubs should the smallmouth take hold.

I think that they will likely put a bounty on smallmouth in Strawberry, so that anglers will fish them out.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry Smallmouth Bass!!! - by Woolybugger - 08-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Re: [fuzzyfisher] Strawberry Smallmouth Bass!!! - by smallmouthchaser - 08-18-2003, 04:31 PM