Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5/15 Oneida and around
Headed out of Poky about 6am today and hit up the narrows. River is running high of course and looks pretty chocolate milk. Was suprised how many people were actually up camping.
I lost my first rainbow at my feet at about 8am or so and immediately hooked up on a brown right after that.
[inline 100MEDIA_IMAG0069.jpg]
Had to walk a bit after that to get into my next fish. Had several hits in between all on a panther martin. Finally hooked up again with a bow.
[inline 100MEDIA_IMAG0070.jpg]
Heard the horn go off at the power plant and the river went up a bit more and had no more luck after that. Decided to go see where the water levels were on the lake and the road conditions. The water levels are way down still and the whole lake looked to be about as murky as the river. Both the dam and the main camp ground have the docks still out of the water and the ground around is pretty soft to be putting a boat in on.
[inline 100MEDIA_IMAG0071.jpg]
[inline 100MEDIA_IMAG0072.jpg]
As far as being able to see any carp in the shallows, I would say its almost impossible. Didnt see any the whole way out heading towards Grace on my way to Alexander.

Tried to fish up some cats for a bit above Alexander at the hospital but by this time it was about 1pm and the winds were blowing like no other. Spent the better part of an hour eating sand and decided that was enough for my day.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
5/15 Oneida and around - by nonxst1 - 05-16-2011, 03:08 AM
Re: [patatrcc] 5/15 Oneida and around - by gstott - 05-25-2011, 05:43 AM