Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Walleye time at SFCR!
I went to SFCR on Friday. It was good for me and epic for one guy I was with. Water temp at launch at 7:00 am was right at 60. By 5:00 pm it was 67. it started a little slow but I got 4 walleye that were 17" to 18" 1 that was 16" and 2 that were 14" I kept the 6 bigger ones for the skillet. I did get a few bass nothing great , but I did get some real good perch. I kept some and released a bunch. I also got a couple of big trash fish I mean trout. Both were in the 5 pound range, and man did they fight. I released the first one and the second one broke me off at the pontoon, i didn't get a picture of them.
One guy that I was with got 15 Walleye the biggest was 23". He didn't keep count of the bass, perch and trout. He called his day the best fishing day he could remember. My battery died in the middle of a long ride. I was about 8 hours into a day of trolling when it gave up. I knew it was going to but I had to push it a little farther. We hooked up my boat to my buddy's boat to get back.
Another friend was also there with us in his boat and got 8 walleyes, and kept 6 for a meal. In all SFCR is popping right now. The walleye tournament is going on right now on Saturday. If the weather holds out it should be great. Here are some more oar cam pictures. Ron

[Image: 6-17-11A.jpg]
[Image: 6-17-11C.jpg]
[Image: 6-17-11D.jpg]
[Image: 6-17-11E.jpg]
[Image: 6-17-11F.jpg]
[Image: 6-17-11G.jpg]
[Image: 6-17-11L.jpg]
[Image: 6-17-11N.jpg]
[Image: 6-17-11O.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
It's Walleye time at SFCR! - by idahoron - 06-18-2011, 03:05 PM