Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Experience with lightening strikes near you.
When I was about 14 we went to the windrivers for a scout campout. My dad was scoutmaster and he took everything in on horses. Is all we had to take was our sleeping bag and water.

On the way out everyone was anxious to get home . The boys were running down the trail not having to carry much. The other leaders were trying to keep up with them and keep an eye on them.

My dad was behind taking it easy with horses loaded down with equipment. A storm came in and lightning started striking everywhere. The horses were spooked and my dad got bucked off and stomped on. All the scouts made it to the cars, but my dad couldn't walk and a blood vessel was broke filling his leg with a huge blood balloon. All the sleeping bags and tents were soaked. So my dad had to crawl around on the trail putting a tent together and crawling into a wet sleeping bag. Some hikers gave him some pain killers and eventually an outfitter helped him gather the horese and load everything up. The other leaders wanted to get the kids home safe before going to look for my dad. Anyway he ended up getting out of the mountains about midnight and before going to the hospital stopped at a convience store in Pindale for gas and a bite to eat.

Two drunks were arguing and one pulled out a shot gun and shot the other guy. My dad ended up in Pinedale for another two days as the lone witness to the whole event. So you can see what kind of trouble lightning can get you in.[cool]

Windriver
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [DeeCee] Your Experience with lightening strikes near you. - by windriver - 08-19-2011, 05:34 AM