Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tubin' the Delta / TD lures...
Hey Guys...

Well, I got nothin' better to do, so I might as well make a post. Har [cool] I went tubin' yesterday out on the Delta goin' for black bass. I first intended to fish in Trapper Slough, but I couldn't really find a good spot to put the tube in...until I was driving home and found another road I didn't see before...LOL. Guess I'll have to try it next time. But as I was looking for a spot to fish in Trapper, I stumbled upon Whiskey Slough Harbor so I fished there instead. [Smile] The fishing wasn't half bad, just nothin' too big. I started off throwin' a chartreuse buzzbait that Tube Dude made and gave me a while back and picked up 4 largemouths on it up to about 3lbs. I've caught a lot of fish on Tube Dude's buzzers so far...all over the country too. Work good! After I stuck some fish on the buzzbait, I figured it was time to give another one of TD's handmade lures a try...a double bladed propbait. Another goody I've done pretty good with so far. I've tried fishing it in all kinds of ways and the best method I've found so far is just a steady retrieve keepin' the blades twirlin'. I picked up 2 more bass each just under 2lbs on it and then the sun started coming up a bit too much to keep that topwater bite goin'. After that I caught probably 5-6 more fish up to about 3.5lbs by using a t-rigged worm, a suspending jerkbait, and a jig.

Now, while I'm on the topic of some of Tube Dude's creations...probably the other bait that he's given me so far that's done well is a in-line style buzzbait. Not sure how to describe it, but it's got a plastic buzz blade up front, and then directly behind it is a round floating body (can't remember if it's plastic or wood, but it's upstairs and I'm too lazy to go check...LoL). Then there's a treble hook on the very back. This is a good lure, however, I have yet to catch a fish on it. haha. I think there needs to be some modifications to it. See, most of the time when I throw it...I get A LOT of blow-ups on it, but they don't get hooked! One day I got about 20-25 blow-ups on it and not a one of them got hooked. Here's the problem I've found, the treble hook on it trails behind in the very back, and the fish that are attacking this bait are coming straight up from underneath of it and hitting the main body where there are no hooks. I've even tried adding on another treble hook connected to the back treble hook as a trailer hook, but that didn't matter as the fish are hitting that main body. I need to try and figure out a way to add another treble hook to the middle of the bait and I'll bet that gets more hook-ups. Do you know what lure I'm talking about Tube Dude? I think you should try and figure out a way to add another hook into the middle and this will be an awesome bait.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Float Tubin' the Delta / TD lures... - by SturgeonKid - 10-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Float Tubin' the Delta / TD lures... - by fishfather - 10-08-2003, 07:23 PM