Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey, Tigers, and Moose...oh my
In reference to the issue you are having with braided line, I found an article that might help you out.

"In spooling super braids on reels you have two options to prevent line slipping, better casting and less backlashes. If you choose to spool your reel entirely with a super braid tie the line on the reel arbor, wrap a piece of electrical tape over the line and complete the spooling with tension applied, the other option is using monofilament as a line backing spooled on the reel arbor first and tied using a uni-knot to the super braid also applying tension upon spooling. (The lb test of mono should match the diameter of the super braid for uniformity and tying) Using a line backing conserves line usage as well as filling the spool, take in to account that super braids have small line diameters and the line filling amounts listed on the reel are based on monofilament diameters. Use the lb/yards amount listed on your reel as a guide for spooling the super braid; for instance if a 50lb super braid has the diameter equivalent of 12lb mono and the line capacity on the reel is 175 yds/12lb with the filler spool at 150 yards you will need to add approximately 20 yards of mono backing. As with all fishing lines the proper amount to fill a reel spool is within 1/8 of a inch from the top of the spool rim. "
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Causey, Tigers, and Moose...oh my - by AFFamily - 03-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Re: [AFFamily] Causey, Tigers, and Moose...oh my - by CarlF - 03-11-2012, 12:09 PM