Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four-Year-Old "2" Old Guy "0" Willard Report
[#ff0000]Finally got on the water at 11:30, the nice park ranger lady wasn't going to let me in with the boat until I told her all of my friends were doing it. Launched the boat with only the assistance of my 4 year old with out too much trouble. If you angle to far to the north there is a big rock to contend with, straightened it up, and things went smooth. Trolled down the middle and along the west dike, first hook up was at 1pm in the light pole area, the second one on at about 2:15 in the same neighborhood. Both 18" and dang fat, both on the kids pole.... At least I got to take pictures. The water in Willard always looks murky to me but it would pass for extra murky now. Depth was from 7-9 feet. We tried slowing down to allow more time for a strike, but our lures started dragging bottom. Tried bigger lures to see if that made a difference, maybe more visible, nope, no luck. Picked up the two we did long-lining a Producer at about 3mph. Boils you ask? The water was glass, only saw one carp roll. We did see on the graph once a bunch of big marks, then a big cloud of bait fish and then another bunch of big marks, but nothing happening on the surface; casted around it with nada. Had to be off the water at three, not by my choice mind you. Films being developed, I'll post some pics later. [/#ff0000]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Four-Year-Old "2" Old Guy "0" Willard Report - by neveronsunday - 10-16-2003, 05:12 AM