Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry (report)
Took the younger kids to strawberry yesterday.Got the boat on the water at soldier creek about noon.In the first hour of trolling in the narrows I put a repala on one line and a needlefish on the other.It was fairly slow,so I put a frog super duper on my 8 year old daughter's line and a white with black and red spots jakes lure on my 10 year olds line.Before my daughter got the frog lure out completely she hooked into a nice fish (26" cut)It was all her little arms could do to get him in.The rest of the trip I don't think that lure ever spent more than 3 min in the water without a fish on(and my daughter would not give it up)I didn't have another one.Final fish count Monica-36,Travis and dad 19,all cuts most 10"-15",a few 16"-19",and monica's 26" all cuts,all released for another day.Personal note to self,buy more super duper frog lures.P.S.I also saw a nice 4-point laying under a tree not far from shore,I found it quite funny with all the hunters cruising the lake.I chose to not reveal his secrete hideout to anyone.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
strawberry (report) - by Lonnie - 10-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Re: [Lonnie] strawberry (report) - by MGB - 10-19-2003, 01:55 PM