Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
causey kokanee
Im almost afraid to post this because of the vast amount of pressure this lake, as well as the south fork of the ogden river, receives.

My friends and I have made good use of some of the reports here in learning about other species, so I guess its only fair that I share some of what I have learned as well. [Image: happy.gif]

To make a long story short, I have spent a considerable amount of time targeting kokanee slamon at Causey. I have read every book, article, guide I could get my hands on in order to understand the behavior of these fish. I took a break from kokes for a few weeks to learn how to fly fish. On monday, a friend and I went to porcupine reservoir and succeeded in catching several small kokanee, my first ever being on that trip.

Friday morning, I put in at causey and eventually ended up catching a few tiger trout, 3 healthy kokes, and losing as many boatside. Surface temp was 67 degrees. Kokes were in 35-40 feet of water, and green, purple, and pink were the choice of the day. I cant find an affordable depth temp measuring device, so an aquarium thermometer, teardrop weight, and line counting reel get me my data LOL. Between that and the finder i was able to locate several schools. I feel very accomplished at finally getting the hang of these fish, and I know that I am only at the beginning of understanding.

Crowds are in force this weekend, so enjoy the lake. If a person is interested in Kokanee, I do have some advice: Kokanee fishing is very specialized. In order to be successful, you need to do your research and properly invest in gear. Spend the time out on the lake learning what works, and what doesnt, and definitely learn to use your equipment.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
causey kokanee - by CarlF - 07-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Re: [CarlF] causey kokanee - by CarlF - 07-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Re: [CarlF] causey kokanee - by EvilTyeDyeTwin - 07-01-2012, 04:45 AM
Re: [CarlF] causey kokanee - by wiperhunter2 - 07-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Re: [wiperhunter2] causey kokanee - by CarlF - 07-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Re: [CarlF] causey kokanee - by TyeDyeTwins - 07-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Re: [CarlF] causey kokanee - by Deadeye008 - 07-02-2012, 05:35 AM