Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooperating Causey 9-14
Being all by my lonesome, I got to pick the place to fish today. Went to Causey to go see how the Salmon run is going. Stopped by the Lower Weber in Mountain Green to break the bill off a CD Rapala.

With the distractions out of the way I finally made it to Causey....and oh boy have those water levels DROPPED!
[Image: 814011.JPG]

At the Boy Scout Arm the low water levels were the most noticeble
[Image: 814012.JPG]

The Salmon were pretty much non existant.......only saw 2 reds all day long....Tried throwing spin gear with no such luck....moved to the fly rod with a Zebra Copper John and still nothing. Switched to a Beaded Prince Nymph and fish on! The 1st was a nice Cutthroat Trout.
[Image: 814014.JPG]
[Image: 814013.JPG]

Moved down what once was a lake but now is a channel and started slaying the hungery Rainbow Trout.
[Image: 814015.JPG]
[Image: 814016.JPG]

And more came to play.
[Image: 814017.JPG]

With 6 caught the action died off. Moved to the dam and started hooking into fish but could not keep them on the hook longer than a few seconds. Switched to a Olive Wolly Bugger and when pulling my line to get the tappered leader out the rod BROKE!

To say I was angery would be an under statement! I left Causey and raced home to get a new rod for tomorrow's as well as Sunday's planned adventures. Wish that rod would not have broke...those trout up there sure are cooperating right now!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Cooperating Causey 9-14 - by EvilTyeDyeTwin - 09-15-2012, 03:28 AM