Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheep strike indecators ? Walmart
[quote CoyoteSpinner]

I always get fuzzy on this one. So a rapala type stick bait that has three treble hooks is considered a single "hook", same as a fly with a stinger.
But an umbrella rig - only two branchs (if you will) can have hooks? You can have more branches, but only carry spinners, or hookless attractors (been meaning to dabble into that - Crappie Jigging!)
OR could you say the Umbrella rig itself was like a fly with a stinger, and therefore you could have TWO umbrella rigs of multi hooks out at a time? (uh, . . . yeah/no!)[crazy]

So where is the line drawn? I'd don't know if they're even legal in Utah - but they sell 'em - Sabiki rigs - made with real fish skin, and they come in a stringer of like 6 teensy hooks on one rig. So does it still count as one? (I've nipped off a pair, and they've done well. Doubles even... in Idaho)

LB - The youtube suggestion is great. SO many "how to" vids out there. Learned a lot about fly-tying... also you might hit Amazon - and look up some basic books about fly fishing. They'll go through the gear, the knots, the flies, the waters, and of course - the fish. I'd picked up a few, and when I started fiddling with tying - I got some books on flies, so I had examples to draw from.

Used books are awesome. Spend more shipping the suckers... if you want titles - I can share what I got. Sure others might have better..[/quote]

Single "LURE" a single hook is a single hook meaning not multi, meaning not treble [Wink]

I have no idea on the umbrella other than what I have read. You can have two lures with hook/hooks and the other just blades.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [CoyoteSpinner] Cheep strike indecators ? Walmart - by flygoddess - 10-13-2012, 03:23 PM