Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's an Outcast, but what is it???
Hey there fellow tubers,
I am going to be needing a little help, information wise. Here is my story.
My sincere apologies in advance for the length of the post, but it'll probably save a lot of back and forth postings requestiong additional information as what is written here is everything I know about the subject at hand. :-)

I received a "new" used tube the other day. My wife, bless her little old heart, saw it on Craigs List and she decided to "upgrade me" from my golden oldie moldy W.W. Grigg VP 8000 float tube.
I guess it's because of all the talk of "someday being able to afford a Fish Cat, Fat Cat or a Super Fat Cat float tube.

I was delighted and overjoyed when she said, with a big old Smile, "I gotcha' an Outside Caster Fish Fat Super Cat Tuber or something like that honey, here ya go! Have fun gettin' wet, sweetie."

I was delighted to say the least, at first. Now I don't know what to think. o_0 ???
It doesn't look like any Outland Fish Cat or Fat Cat I've ever seen. On the side of each tube it says "Outcast Sporting Gear" with the "fishing rod and fish" logo and all that, so it's obviously made by Outcast, but what is it? Any ideas?

I've included some pics in order to help with the process and the copy from the ad on Craigs List.

A visit to the Outcast website yeilded no joy, plus a couple of emails in the last few weeks to Outcast have not been answered or acknowledged as of yet, no help there, so I guess I'm on my own.
I tried a Google search, one for Web and one for Images, for older models, discontinued models, etc., of Outcast float tubes and couldn't find much that even looked like what she got for me. Bless her heart. :-)

The only thing I was able to find anywhere on the entire tube was a date, 12 / 98, in black sharpie, on both of the bladders, so I guess that makes what ever this float tube is, it's pretty old. That makes me wonder about the general condition and safety of the urethane bladders, if that's what they even are. The puny little red valves are not confidence inspiring, to say the least.

There isn't but 1 D-ring on the top of each side, towards the front. Nothing in the area of the side compartments but a pair of velcro straps for holding a rod on each side, I guess.
It has the following attributes:
Rigid seat, 19" x 20" x 4" and rigid seat back, 13" x 19" x 2", 4 D-rings on bottom - 2 widely spaced at front and 2 narrowly spaced at rear of seat area. Help???

Here is the Craigs List ad for what she bought:
OUTCAST FAT CAT FLOAT TUBE - $100
SPECS:
[#000000]Inflated[/#000000] Size: 45" x 64", Tube Diameter: 13", Fabric: 420 PC/500 PVC,
Material Weight: 28 oz/sq. yd.
AireCell Material: Urethane, Seam Construction: Sewn, Warranty: 5
Valve Type: 1-Summit
Weight: 12 lbs., Load Capacity: 300 lbs.
Excellent Condition, used twice!
Float Tube fishing isn't my cup of tea, so maybe you can get more use out of it than I did."

Worth messin' with or should I hold out for the lottery money?
Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
It's an Outcast, but what is it??? - by Bumjelly - 04-29-2013, 06:45 PM