Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua structure
[quote CoyoteSpinner]I dunno - kinda depends on what you define as "structure". May not have the kinds of drops and ledges - as say Pineview, but you have deeper water - yeah 20-25 at best. But you've got edges of the weeds making walls. The fish hide in the weeds, and if you fish along those edges - they'll come out and pounce passing baits. But then you've also got the shallow area, especially during spring spawn. Some woody, some weedy, some rocky.

Not a good lake for trolling, no doubt. But pitching curly tails, tubes, even spinners and cranks. Sometimes straight vertical jigging is it. Have found pockets of gill beds just south of the swim area, or across to the east side - working up from the knoll northwards - but real shallow - between the rocky edge and the weeds - bass and gill beds.

Tend to find more of the trout in the middle area - in the deeper areas, or dropoffs.

Have heard rumor of dredging a path of weeds across the middle, for the skiiers. Then there's also the mystery of the underwater ski course.[/quote]

Funny you mentioned trolling. The only fish we(my brother) caught was when trolling. Got a bass and rainbow on a perch rapala crank. The bass was very much a surprise.

Thanks for the grass tactics. I was wondering what works. I've done well dropshotting in the past, might try that a bit more
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mantua structure - by BridgerM - 06-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Re: [BridgerM] Mantua structure - by sinergy - 06-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Re: [BridgerM] Mantua structure - by timberhall - 06-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Re: [timberhall] Mantua structure - by BridgerM - 06-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Re: [CoyoteSpinner] Mantua structure - by BridgerM - 06-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Re: [BridgerM] Mantua structure - by RangerRat - 06-05-2013, 04:13 PM