Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you all deal with bad customer service?
The rust on a new frame is disturbing I am sure but in reality if a frame is made of steel it is going to rust. I have had a couple of them. Actually my son still has one and I sold mine. After you put them in the water once you will see rust, that is just going to happen. My son's boat is an old one and it holds up to what we use it for. He uses it a couple times a year and my wife rides on it maybe a couple times a year. They are difficult to balance and they don't track straight at all.

I have a couple other pontoons with steel frames. One is powder coated steel tubing and the other is galvanized steel pipe. You can see a little rust here and there. It is going to happen. Even if you get a stainless steel frame it is going to get some rust on it some where if treated poorly enough. The only way to get 100% away from it is to get an aluminum frame or no frame. But to be honest if you keep them clean and wipe them down with an oil cloth most steel frames will last a very long time.

I would steer clear of Creek co. But that is just my opinion I would take it back.

Ron
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Tjk] How do you all deal with bad customer service? - by idahoron - 07-22-2013, 10:51 PM