Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a difference 2 days make. Willard report 08-30-13
Wiperslayer and I got out on Willard at 7am this morning, water temp was 4 degrees warmer(76*) than it was two days ago and the water was a lot clearer. The catching started off slow but the first fish was a nice 22" eye, then a 22" wiper. Then the wiper catching really took off with another 20 wipers caught before we decided to call it quits. We got a couple of doubles including one where Ira reeled the lure in on the inside rod and left it dragging behind the boat, I got the fish almost in on the outside rod when the rod that was left dragging had a wiper hit it and we ended up getting both fish in. I thought that was so impressive I decided to leave a lure dragging close behind the boat and try for a repeat. Sure enough, not five minutes later, not only did a wiper hit the lure but the fish jumped three times before I could pick up the rod. Even caught another snub nosed wiper. Finally started seeing some good sized schools of shad on the fish finder, so I'm thinking the wiper boils will really turn on soon and you should be able to catch them, if you go out in the evenings. I know a couple of folks have been seeing the boils, so I'd say get out there and lets read some reports[Smile].
WH2
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
What a difference 2 days make. Willard report 08-30-13 - by wiperhunter2 - 08-31-2013, 12:00 AM