Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petty4life, we could have used your help today at East Canyon
Wiperslayer and I fished East canyon today, we arrived and launched the boat around 8am and were off the water by noon.The day started out ok as we headed back to the inlet to troll, water temp was 40*. We were marking a lot of fish in 40 to 50 foot of water and seeing a lot of surface activity, so we started trolling on the surface. We got a few hits but no fish in the boat, so we started fishing deeper using down riggers and lead core line. We got 8 or 9 in the boat fishing about 15 to 20 feet deep but then the wind came up around 10am and the catching slowed way down. We headed over by the dam to get out of the wind but Petty's spot did not work for us and after trolling for an hour and only catching one fish we called it a day. There were over a dozen people fishing from shore and at least a few of them were catching fish, there was also one other boat on the water but they got off the water before we came in. I guess I'm going to need Petty to give me some more lessons on catching at him favorite lake. WH2
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Petty4life, we could have used your help today at East Canyon - by wiperhunter2 - 12-07-2003, 07:59 AM