Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor advice-inflatable pontoon
Hey y'all. I've been trolling the site this winter - I'm not a big fan of ice fishing, but the pics have been amazing!

Anyhoo...
I'm looking to set up my Buck's bags "Bronco" 8ft pontoon with a trolling motor. I'm certain I don't need more than a 30lb thrust, I only use it on lakes.

My questions are:

(1) is the Minn Kota "Endura Max" that much better than the C2? I mean, it's twice the price! I know it has variable speed and longer battery life, but really, is it worth that much?

(2) What battery to get? My fishing trips are generally 4 to 6 hours, on flat water. I'm going to be using the motor primarily for getting from one "sweet spot" to another, and back to the truck. (My boat is my exercycle, so I still plan on using fins most of the time)
How many operating hours do you typically get out of a size 22 or 24 battery?

(3) Golf cart battery? I've seen that mentioned here & there on the net. A smaller, lighter battery, but I don't know how long it would last. Anyone try one of these pint-sized power options?

(4) My boat already rides low - my cross bars are only an inch or so above the water. I seem to remember it riding much higher when I bought the boat last spring. Is there a way to adjust the way the frame sits on the pontoons? ( I checked myself on the scale, and I know it wasn't my beer belly causing this! I only weigh 180 anyway)
Thanks in advance for any advice you fine folks care to share!
[Image: 20130715_092327_zps6a37a8e6.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Trolling motor advice-inflatable pontoon - by monkeee2002 - 02-01-2014, 12:11 AM