Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor advice-inflatable pontoon
cpierce: Yep, I've learned to drag a fin when I use my oars, so I can steer. I figured the same principal would apply to using a motor, also pushing on the oars (as Ron does).
That "on/off" switch, is it just wired into the power wire? Basically to interrupt the power supply?

FG: do you have a gauge that you recommend? What's a good pressure to use on 22oz. PVC
enamel coated polyester cover and a 100% polyurethane bladder?
I had been inflating them until I can bend the last 5 or 6 inches of the bladder about 75 degrees, but not quite 90 degrees. ( I know, not the least bit scientific!)
I bought my 'toon used, with no paperwork. So I've been wingin' it, and learning as I go LoL [Wink]

I know I need a new pump. The one the guy gave me with the 'toon is starting to "miss" now and then. Kind of frustrating to be pumping up your toon, watching fish jump, and all of the sudden your air pump turns into a useless plunger for a few seconds.
It's a Sevylor RB2000 dual-action pump, figured I'd just get another one before spring.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [cpierce] Trolling motor advice-inflatable pontoon - by monkeee2002 - 02-02-2014, 04:20 PM