Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd day at Willard this season....
Since my lucky catch last Sunday (2 Mar) of 2 respectable size LM Bass in the North Marina at WB, just had to go back. But had to drop off the -"Tin-Can" for some maintenance and servicing. Then had to get the TinCan tow truck (my 2005 GMC) serviced. So didn't get to WB till about 1230 this afternoon. Just didn't feel like the walk out to the outlet point, so parked my self at the bottom of the boat ramp about 20 yards from the active ramp center. Somewhat cloudy, some breezy, but not real bad. Got all settled, 2 lines in the water with my favorite lazy man's bait (Maverik night crawlers), looked down between my feet, and "hey, been wanting one of those" found a set of forceps with curved jaws. A bit muddy and a bit rusty, but some WD40 and a wire wheel should fix that. Ok, into my top pocket. Hey, some activity on the ramp. A fellow Lund owner backing his boat into the water to test run the motor. Got to meet the gentleman, Gene, newly relocated from Colorado. Says he has looked at BFT, but not yet set up a profile. Hope he does, and hope we meet up more thru this season. Gene says "...hey, Bald Eagles..." and points off to the north. I turn to look, and soon as I get my head turned, I hear my left hand pole skittering along the rusted metal pipe it's propped up on. I turn, reach, and grab the rod handle just before it gets out of my reach. Something with some shoulders, and a bit of attitude. Carp..? Na, my first kitty this year. This cat doesn't look as if it's missed any meals over the winter, quite fat and healthy.
Well did my CPR thing, released Mr. Kat, hooked up another worm, set the line back out, and resumed the conversation with Gene. After that, no more bites, the wind came up a bit more, clouds got some darker, and I figured I came, I caught one, I met another friendly angler with a good boat ( I'm just a little biased cause I have owned 2 Lund boats, including the current "Tin-Can") so the day wasn't wasted. Wish I'd had my better camera, Mr. Bald Eagle sat so perfectly still in that tree by the ramp. But my cell cam just don't zoom enough.

Oh, one Post Script - soaked those forceps in WD40, went to my wire wheel. Man they where cleaning up so nice......then most of one of the jaws broke off where it was rusted all the way thru. [:/] But still a not a bad day.
Taking the other half (the wife, not the forceps) to breakfast in the AM, then I'm heading back to WB.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
2nd day at Willard this season.... - by Tin-Can - 03-08-2014, 02:01 AM