Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat and motor repair mishaps.
I needed to replace my outboard a couple years ago. Found a used one for sale on KSL.com.

Went to the guys' house to check it out, and because they didn't know how to remove the controls with the outboard from their old boat, they had just cut the cables and removed the outboard.

Took the outboard to a local shop to have it installed with new controls. Picked the boat up after a few days and headed to Utah Lake to test out the outboard. Picked up a fishing buddy to drive my Suburban and launch my boat. Launched the boat and the engine fired right up. Headed out of the marina when I started to smell something hot. Felt the throttle cover and it was extremely hot and the engine died.

Decided to fire up my trolling motor and use it to get the boat back on the trailer. My fishing buddy backed the trailer into deeper water than I like but I decided to try it anyway. Everything went fine until I got the boat on the trailer and couldn't get the trolling motor into reverse quickly enough to stop the forward momentum. The bow of the boat went through one of the rear windows of the Suburban.

Replaced the window and took it to Lee's Marine and got the throttle installed correctly.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Boat and motor repair mishaps. - by hooknhunter - 04-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Re: [hooknhunter] Boat and motor repair mishaps. - by kentofnsl - 04-29-2014, 10:37 PM